Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cool weather cooking

        Fall is one of my absolute favorite times of the year. The crisp air is perfect for filling the house with the warm smells of  home baking. With apples being in such abundance and being on sale it made for an easy decision as to what to bake.....kind of....you have apple pies,apple fritters,apple crisp,apple cake,apple bread,apple apple apple apple...............
   I decided I would make Apple cupcakes (of course) and I'm going to try a new fridge biscuit apple "pie".

   For the cupcakes I made a yummy butter cake that I added my chopped apples and spices too I topped that with a spiced apple butter cream.They turned out so good and they made the house smell great.

  Next to give a new recipe a try. Refrigerator biscuit apple "pies"  This is such an easy recipe. I loved making it because it was easy to get the kids involved. Just take a can of fridge biscuits,(you know the kind in the tube that you peel open.) and a can of apple pie filling plus a plate of cinnamon and sugar mixed. Fill you biscuit with a spoon of pie filling pinch the edges closed and plop them seam side down in a cupcake pan. Dust the tops of each with your cinnamon and sugar and cut a small X in the top then just bake according to your biscuit can. A cupcake shaped apple pie!! MMMMMM


  ALSO I have to say I love this Cooking Mama game!!  I don't do well at video games so I don't really play much but his is a COOKING video game. fun times!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment